July-August 2020 Alaskan History Magazine
In this issue: Septima M. Collis • Gavriil Andreevich Sarychev • Pioneer Farmers of the Matanuska Valley • SS Dora • C. C. Georgeson and Alaska’s Agricultural Experiment Stations • Bicycles in Frontier Alaska • Gov. George Parks’ 1928 Airplane Tour of Alaska
The July-August 2020 issue of Alaskan History Magazine features the following articles:
• Septima M. Collis, author of A Woman’s Trip to Alaska, about her historically informative voyage through Alaska’s Inside Passage in 1890.
• Gavriil Andreevich Sarychev, a Russian sea captain who mapped much of the Aleutians.
• Pioneer Farmers of the Matanuska Valley, the hardy souls who blazed the way in agriculture for south central Alaska.
• SS Dora, the doughty little sailing ship which carried mail, freight and passengers through some of Alaska’s roughest waters for close to half a century.
• C. C. Georgeson, the Special Agent in charge of developing Alaska Agricultural Experiment Stations in Sitka, Kodiak, Rampart, Copper Center and elsewhere.
• Bicycles in Frontier Alaska, telling how two-wheeled adventurers rode in summer and winter, on local trips or journeying across the territory.
• Special Feature in this issue: Gov. George Parks’ 1928 Airplane Tour of Alaska