May-June 2019 Alaskan History Magazine
Construction of the Alaska Railroad • Margaret Murie on the Fairbanks-Valdez Trail • Addison Powell in the Copper River Valley • 1935 Matanuska Colony Barns • The All Alaska Sweepstakes Sled Dog Race • 1909 Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition and more!
The May-June, 2019 issue is an anthology of excerpts from books which have been published by Northern Light Media over the past ten years, with articles featuring:
• A look at the construction of the Alaska Railroad from 1902 to 1923
• A 1918 trip taken by Margaret Murie, who was traveling the Fairbanks-to-Valdez Trail as a 16-year-old girl
• The surveyor and explorer Addison Powell’s 1902 adventures in the Copper River Valley
• The great All Alaska Sweepstakes sled dog race
• The 1909 Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition in Seattle
• The magnificent barns of the 1935 Matanuska Colony Project near Palmer
• Shorter articles include a photo-feature of snowshoes, a look at a few Alaskan photographers, and brief reviews of a half-dozen classic books on Alaska.