This July-August issue of Alaskan History Magazine features the following articles:
• Septima M. Collis, author of A Woman’s Trip to Alaska, about her historically informative voyage through Alaska’s Inside Passage in 1890.
• Gavriil Andreevich Sarychev, a Russian sea captain who mapped much of the Aleutians.
• Pioneer Farmers of the Matanuska Valley, the hardy souls who blazed the way in agriculture for south central Alaska.
• SS Dora, the doughty little sailing ship which carried mail, freight and passengers through some of Alaska’s roughest waters for close to half a century.
• C. C. Georgeson, the Special Agent in charge of developing Alaska Agricultural Experiment Stations in Sitka, Kodiak, Rampart, Copper Center and elsewhere.
• Bicycles in Frontier Alaska, telling how two-wheeled adventurers rode in summer and winter, on local trips or journeying across the territory.
Special Feature in this issue: Gov. George Parks’ 1928 Airplane Tour of Alaska
Click here to order a print edition:
The July-August issue of Alaskan History Magazine, Volume 2, Number 4.